After School Care Program Leader
Morning and Afternoon Shifts
Shifts fall between 7:15-9:30am and 2:15-5:30pm. Flexible schedule available.
Join the James Bay Out of School Care team in our licensed Child Care program dedicated to providing a rich and dynamic program for up to 83 children Kindergarten to Grade 5. We are looking for people who will bring energy, creative ideas, and a supportive demeanor to help children develop, grow and discover. We are part of a vibrant Community Centre seeking out collaborative people to fit in with our team.
Why Work for us:
– A tight-knit community with long-term job possibilities
– A kind and supportive team
– Excellent hours for a student looking for part-time work around classes
– A not-for-profit Centre making a difference in the families and people in our neighbourhood
Wage: $15.50-$17.25 per hour, depending on education and experience
– Must be 19+ years or older
– 20 hours of related education (will provide training if necessary).
– At least 1 year of some kind of childcare experience.
– Criminal record check.
– Valid First Aid with CPR C.
– Reference checks.
– A broad knowledge of the developmental stages and needs of children 5-11 years and an ability to plan activities based on these stages and needs
– Comfortable managing children in a variety of situations.
– Class 4 driver’s license is considered an asset
*Additional shifts (subbing, etc.) may be available between 7:30am and 5:30pm. The more availability you have, the more likely you are to pick-up more shifts. Full time hours for Winter, Spring and Summer Adventures (Day Camp).